Fixing LocalHost Authentication problem in Mozilla Firefox

by 6:08 AM 1 comments
When i was trying My First LightSwich application in Web i faced this problem so many time when browsing for first time. Then i thought it would by the internal authentication in LightSwitch application i searched for it in the MSDN as well but then i came to knew that this was the browser configuration settings.

I could load sites from http://localhost in MSIE, but whenever I tried FireFox, it asked me for an user name and password. I've tried it all but I couldn't authenticate.
If you happen to have the same problem, here's a quick and simple workaround:
  1. In Firefox type about:config in the addressbar
  2. Find the preference named network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris
  3. Doubleclick and type localhost
  4. Enter and you're done

Ravi Tuvar

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

1 comment: